Monday, August 07, 2006

Would you eat live octopus?

First a disclaimer:

There is plenty of Western style food in South Korea. You can pretty much eat whatever you want, the same as you would back home.

Second, there are plenty of non-seafood dishes in South Korea.

But, if you're feeling adventurous and want something to write home about, there are some great options in Korea.

Before going to Korea for the first time, I was one of the pickiest eaters around. This fact could be easily confirmed by my friend's and family in Canada.

But, I expanded my horizons when in Korea. I started eating (and enjoying) things that I would never even come close to touching before. That's great because now I have no fear of going out to restaurants. I know I'll find something I enjoy. The same goes for eating at other people's places. That used to be a nightmare, but now it's a non-issue.

Some things I tried in Korea: live squid, live octopus, chicken feet, and chicken intestines.

This video features a Korean girl showing her foreign boyfriend the proper way to enjoy live squid in Busan's famous seafood market.

The second clip is one of three other Canadians and Americans in Seoul at the Garak market, also enjoying the new experience.

Well done folks, nice to see some brave representatives from abroad!

Yummy.

Jason



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment