Monday, December 04, 2006

Cool People in Korea

Contrary to my previous post about weird people in Korea, I must also say that there are plenty of cool people in Korea.

This weekend, my wife and I headed to Aryanna hotel in Daegu to meet her teacher and some of her teacher's friends. First, a blurb on Aryanna hotel: It's a beer and food buffet. All you can eat and drink for 15,000 won. This goes on until 9pm. After that, there is another all you can drink buffet for 15,000 won...but the food part is out, except for a few snacks. We arrived after 9pm, so I missed all the good food. But my wife had been before and said it was really good. During this whole time, there is a band from the Philippines playing live English music.

So, we went there and had a great time. It had been a while since I'd been out doing the "foreigner thing". There are lots of foreigners who head out to this event, thus making it a good mix of foreign and Korean.

We made a couple of new friends, and in typical living in Korea style, got along right away. It had been a while for me, so I forgot about the vibe of going out, meeting other teachers, and then partying together like you were friends since being in school.

We all headed out to another couple of places together and everyone had fun.

The point of this story? Go out...have fun...meet people. It's neat how you can hit it off so quickly, and how people are so easy to get along with. You will make some great friends while teaching in Korea.

Some you will see often, some you will lose touch with. But, even if you don't seem them in 2 years, when you meet up again, it will be natural to get along just like old times.

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment