Thursday, May 03, 2007

My Wife and the Delivery Men

So, I realized today how popular online shopping is in Korea.

How do I know this? From first-hand experience of course! My wife is a bit of an online shopaholic. Now, I must admit that I do benefit from that every once in a while, such as today when I was the recipient of two funky pairs of wakeboard shorts.

Also, yesterday we received our hammock for about $20 (complete with the stand and a parasol of course!)

Anyhow, we were on our daily walk to go to Dunkin Donuts (no Tim's in Korea yet)for coffee and we (So Young) were expecting a delivery, or 3. As we're walking, about 10 minutes from our place she spots a delivery driver...whom she is quite familiar with.

She goes up to him and asks if he is headed to "Bongduk Il-dong" today with a package for Park So Young. Yup! In his big ol' truck with hundreds of packages, he knew exactly where it was too. Why, cause he always comes to our house, so he recognizes it now!

It was a bigger package, so she told him to just leave it at our place if we weren't back by the time we got there.

Then as we were about to arrive at Dunkin, she spots a delivery truck from another one of the companies that often visits! She goes up to this guy, and sure enough, 2 packages! These were lighter (my shorts and some hair stuff for her) so she just signed for it right there and took it along with us.

I just had to laugh and shake my head! My wife is buddies with all of the delivery drivers in Daegu...so am I because I answer the door the other half of the time!

I'm glad she keeps her purchases small and frequent and not large and frequent!

The convenience of the internet age!

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment