Monday, February 16, 2009

Eric Starting Fires in Jeju

Here is a great message from one of our clients and friends, Eric in Jeju.  He participated in the Jeju Wildfire Festival and here is his report:


Hi Jason....
 
I have to share this with you in case you ever wanted to promote Jeju Island/ASKNow, Inc!
 
I have experienced many incredible things in South Korea.....overall, but Saturday
was the most incredible experience of ALL!  I took part in celebrating something very
unique & special.
 
I went to the "2009 들불 축제"....(Wildfire Festival).  The best way to describe it is "WOW"!!!
Of course...most Koreans attended, but I noticed about 25 - 30 foreigners and talked to
about 10 of them.  We were spotted by management and asked to sit front stage.  It was
definitely FIRST-CLASS.  After enjoying the bands and singers "do their thing", the foreigners
at front stage (I was one of them of course) were given white gloves and a lantern.  We
lined-up in rows and our lanterns were lite and we passed the flames to the next person.  The
torches reminded me of the Olympic Torch.
 
15 people were pulled aside at random out of the 100 + who had a lantern.  Guess who was one
of those 15 people picked?  Yep!  One was me.  Wow!  What a great honor!  I felt like a celebrity actor
from Hollywood.  The cameras were flashing....and the bulbs were flashing!  I was going to sign
autographs.......but then I woke-up!    LOL  After I woke-up from the "dream world" I was in, we were
asked...one by one....to throw the fire lantern to start the fire on the mountain. 
 
If you and your wife never went to this festival.....I would strongly recommend you do.  It is celebrated
on Valentines Day each year, but a lot depends on the Lunar path, but no matter what.....I believe they
keep it close/on February 14th each year.
 
Eric (에릭)
 
P.S. Pics to follow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment