Tuesday, November 25, 2008

12 Koreans Vs. One White Guy

Yesterday I went head-to-head with a group of 12 Koreans and I think I won.
 
Sorry, that may be a bit misleading.  Actually, yesterday was the annual presentation to the Gyeonggi Province school board to maintain status as an official recruiter for GEPIK public schools.  For the first time, I did a presentation fully in Korean.  There was a panel of 12 people consisting of the heads of the school board as well as representatives from different schools throughout the province. 
 
I think it went fairly well, although it got off to a rough start!  The power point presentation I prepared wouldn't open on their laptop, so luckily we had printed off a copy of the presentation for everyone and worked off of that.  I only stumbled over a few words, but otherwise, I felt quite comfortable throughout.  Had we not already sent them lots of teachers, I would be a bit worried that we wouldn't make the cut, but considering our past record of sending great teachers, I'm pretty sure I could have gone up there and totally flopped but they'd still want to work with us.
 
So, thanks to all of our public school teachers out there for making me look good!  Without you, we wouldn't have such a solid reputation with the school board and I'd be forced to really impress them!
 
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment